1. What are my strengths in using the writing process? What areas do I need to improve? Why? How might trying this affect the quality or efficiency of my writing?
2. How effectively did I format my typed draft? What should I have done differently?
3. How effectively did I comment on my partner’s work? What should I have done differently? How helpful were my remarks? Describe this peer editing experience.
1. My strength is coming up with a story. Everything after that is in the air. The areas I need to improve on is description, pacing, and I didn’t like the ending of this particular story because it didn’t match the pacing. Maybe if I had a chapter or epilogue to separate it. I planned the tentpoles for my story so that I knew exactly where it was headed most of the time. This was extremely effective and I will likely do it for stories from now on.
2. The formatting was excellent. I could have broken the larger paragraph to be more proportional with the others. Around the point where Dodger escapes the cave.
3. I filled my partner’s’s work with as much corrections as I saw. I could have looked closer at paragraph and sentence structure and effectiveness. My remarks were “thumbs up” good. The peer editing experience on my end fell a little flat. Despite my partner’s best effort, I got nearly no feedback or corrections, and despite my narcissistic comments, I don’t think the draft was flawless.